AegiQ is on a mission to radically change data communications both in space and on the ground and make our world more secure using quantum technologies. Recently spun out from The University of Sheffield and backed by leading venture capital funds, we are currently recruiting a cross-disciplinary product development team.
Our technology comes from over two decades of research at The University of Sheffield and the Sheffield Quantum Centre, which is also the home of the National Epitaxy Facility (for III-V semiconductors) and is a centre of excellence in nano- and semiconductor technology. We are developing high-performance photonic systems for applications in quantum security, next generation imaging and quantum information processing
The successful candidate will join a vibrant start-up at an early stage of the company’s development and can professionally develop in tandem with the growth of the business.
Your main focus will be on the development of high-performance single-photon source products based on semiconductor quantum dots and associated photonic integrated circuits architectures. You will be part of AegiQ’s core product development team combining expertise in nanophotonic device design and fabrication, mechanical and systems engineering and product development.
You will lead the development and optimisation of quantum nanophotonic devices within our product team. You will work with our development and supply chain partners, also within Innovate UK and EU-funded consortia. You will also contribute to solutions discovery and end-user engagements to build profit-generating products, which our customers will love.
12th July 2021
We are looking for a broad skillset across photonics and do not expect candidates be experienced in all areas.
- Experimental PhD or 3+ years industrial experience in R&D of semiconductor (III-V) devices
- Experience in the design, simulation (FDTD) and testing of nanophotonic structures
- Experience in quantum optical measurements including optical spectroscopy and time resolved measurements
- Experience in laboratory automation and data analysis using Python/C#
- Proven ability to design complex optical systems, collect, analyse and interpret experimental data.
- Experience in the packaging of optoelectronic devices
- Experience working with ultra-high vacuum systems and cryogenics
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with exceptional organisational skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
- Eligible to work in the UK
- 25 days annual leave and UK bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Flexible and family friendly-working hour options
- Cycle to work and other benefits
- Highly competitive compensation
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.