Agnostiq is developing a secure platform for quantum computing. Our tools enable users to perform mission-critical workflows on cloud-based quantum computers without compromising their data privacy or security. We designed our solutions specifically for users in finance in order to help them solve some of the world’s most difficult and valuable problems. Agnostiq has received funding from top-tier VCs in Silicon Valley and New York and is based in Toronto, Canada.
Role: Quantum Algorithms Researcher
We’re looking to hire a Quantum Algorithms Researcher to help us identify and understand promising near-term quantum algorithms. The ideal candidate will have an expert understanding of near-term (NISQ) quantum algorithms and the practical constraints imposed by today’s quantum hardware. Candidates with a provable track record of successfully conducting independent and original scientific research are strongly preferred. Due to our startup nature, the candidate must be comfortable initiating and taking on new projects independently and with limited supervision.
- A PhD in Physics, Computer Science, Math, or related field strongly preferred (candidates without a PhD that nevertheless have a strong scientific research track record will be considered).
- Expert understanding of quantum algorithms for NISQ-era computers (VQE, QAOA, etc.)
- Strong understanding of classical ML techniques
- Track record of relevant scientific publications OR depth of experience in the field
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of standard Python frameworks and libraries
- Knowledge of SDKs for NISQ-era computers (QISkit, PyQuil, Cirq, etc.)
Why join us?
We are a fast-growing startup looking for energetic researchers and leaders to help us advance the field of quantum computing. We are still early in our own development so your impact will both be felt, and rewarded. We offer generous stock options packages to all of our early employees and more importantly, the opportunity to work on challenging problems that will help you build the skill set of the future. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity of every kind.
If you are interested in learning more about this role, please feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org