Website Amazon Web Services
Amazon Braket is a team of engineers and scientists working to make quantum computing available to customers via AWS.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to build upon one of AWS’s newest services. You will define, develop, and test software solutions that make it easier or more feature rich for customers to experiment with and discover the value of quantum computers to their business. You must enjoy working on complex problems at the intersection of quantum computing, machine learning and computer science. You are familiar with AWS tools and services, and best practices governing their use.
Responsibilities include developing all aspects of the customer experience including new customer facing assets in our open sourced SDKs, consoles, and educational materials around quantum computing. You can expect to coach other software developers, define software requirements and refine a development roadmap.
At the Amazon Braket, we understand that developing quantum computing technology is a marathon, not a sprint. Mental and physical wellness is encouraged within our team and throughout AWS. The work/life integration within Amazon encourages a culture where employees work hard and have ownership over their downtime. We are exploring more structured wellness elements that can be done virtually.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of the Amazon Braket team. You will receive career-growth-minded management and mentorship from a software and science team and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon’s mentorship programs. .
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics or related field
· Experience developing SDKs and/or other tooling and developer environments
· 5+ years industry experience in software development and delivery
· Proficiency in at least one modern language such as Python or Java including object-oriented design
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
· Experience using quantum computing frameworks
· Experience developing ML solutions
· Experienced with AWS tools and services for code development and data management solutions
· Experience with scalable, API-based agent or service oriented software architecture
· Exposure to working with High Performance Computing
· Experience coaching and mentoring junior engineers
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.