Website Cambridge Quantum Computing
Location: Chessington / Remote
Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC), is dedicated to developing and deploying advanced scientific research to lead us into the quantum age. CQC’s mission is to develop the world’s best quantum-based products and to make meaningful impacts on humanity. As one of the first quantum technology firms, CQC has assembled a group of the world’s greatest scientific minds and seen them develop some of the first practical applications of quantum computing. Our scientists, together with leading technology and forwarding thinking corporations, are helping CQC build tools to further advance its mission.
CQC has developed a range of quantum technologies that enables an industry leading source of Certifiably Quantum Entropy and has recently launched the world’s first cloud-based certifiable Quantum Random Number Generator (cQRNG).
Deployment of this entropy in the cryptography space, is paving the way for new levels of information security, even in a post-quantum world. Such entropy is also currently being deployed for statistics, sampling and mathematical modelling.
As CQC expands we are looking for an experienced cyber security software developer to join our engineering team, based in Chessington. You will primarily be working on cryptographic solutions, such as our cQRNG and implementing post-quantum algorithms, but you will also get the opportunity to deploy this technology in a number of other use cases through our global corporate clients.
This position involves software development primarily in C/C++. You will be collaborating with a small team and will have input in the entire development process through research, design, programming and testing. You will have the freedom to think independently and creatively in the team and make a real impact. You will work closely our talented team of developers and engineers and a significant part of this role will also involve liaising with some of the world’s leading mathematicians and scientists in the field of quantum computing. Key responsibilities are:
- Develop new solutions to client problems, working closely with solution architects and other engineers
Active involvement in implementation of next generation of cryptographic protocols.
- Support and develop our existing security platforms
- Responsible for the review and audit of code, resolving issues raised by security penetration tests and published vulnerabilities (CVE)
- Involvement in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Significant experience working with cryptographic technologies, such as Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) and Key Management Systems (KMS)
- Extensive knowledge of cryptographic primitives and protocols, specifically their implementation, integration and testing
- Significant software development experience in C, C++ and ideally Python
- Demonstrable knowledge of Linux in a secure environment
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science or other related discipline
- Experience with collaboration and general programming tools such as Git
- Ability to understand technical and advanced research material and transfer new ideas into code
- Strong code documentation and writing skills
- Knowledge of accreditation schemes such as Common Criteria (CC), FIPS 140-2 or similar
- Experience interacting with cloud environments such as IBM Cloud, Azure, AWS Google Cloud
- Higher degree or research experience
- Familiarity with quantum computing
- Experience working with, or interfacing with, other operating systems such as Microsoft Windows
What is in it for you?
We offer an amazing opportunity to join a world leading quantum computing company. You will be working alongside a highly talented team, with world leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, which includes 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, a workplace pension and we have a positive approach to flexible working.
Established in 2014, CQC is a world leading independent quantum computing software company. CQC designs solutions that benefit from quantum computing even in its earliest forms and allows the most effective access to these solutions for the widest variety of corporate and government users.
CQC combines expertise in the product areas of quantum software, specifically a quantum compiler t|ket™, enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption.
The successful applicant will join one of the most exciting companies in the world with the potential to dominate innovation across all aspects of economy and society.
Applicants should send a CV with cover note to email@example.com
Please note that employment at CQC is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org