Website Cambridge Quantum Computing
Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC), is dedicated to developing and deploying advanced scientific research to lead us into the quantum age. CQC’s mission is to develop the world’s best quantum-based products and to make meaningful impacts on humanity.
A world leading independent quantum computing company with scientific and technical expertise in areas that will become some of the world’s largest sectors with the advent of Quantum Computing. As we are rapidly scaling and commercialising, CQC is looking to hire a qualified Patent Lawyer to work with our established software team.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside leading and well-respected scientists within the quantum industry, as well as our in-house legal team. You will be an experienced and competent Patent Lawyer, with good working knowledge of IP, who is prepared to be hands-on and eager to make your mark and help shape the future of CQC. In this role you will be the lead patent counsel for the firm so will be instrumental in managing our patent portfolio and developing our IP strategy.
With market leading positions in each of our areas, and in some cases holding a first mover advantage, our strategy is to build tools and products with an absolute focus on real world application and to use our proprietary IP to add value globally in the development of quantum computing.
- Managing the company’s patent portfolio and advising the business on any IP issues
- Assist in developing the IP strategy as the business grows
- Drafting and managing the prosecution of patent applications in key markets including the UK, US, EU, Japan
- Working with our scientific teams to identify and harvest core inventive concepts in their work
- Establishing and running a patent review committee
- Patent landscape work, including monitoring of competition and trends in the quantum sector
- Strengthening operational measures to detect third party IP infringement
- Implementing IP protection and enforcement mechanisms
- Evaluating the strength of existing patents in a technical field of interest to CQC
- Performing Freedom to Operate exercises
- Qualified in the UK, EU, or US (qualifications from other common law jurisdictions may be considered)
- Minimum 2 years PQE, as a UK or European Patent Lawyer working in-house within a scientific, software or technology company or in the IP department of a private law practise
- Broad patent, IT, commercial, software and technology licensing contracts experience
- Experience in IP portfolio management and IP contract negotiation
- Confident in advising senior management on legal matters, risk and strategic issues
- Excellent organisational, negotiation, drafting and communication skills (written and oral articulation)
- A degree in STEM related subject from a recognised university.
What is in it for you?
We offer an amazing opportunity to join a world leading quantum computing company. You will be working alongside a highly talented team, with world leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, which includes 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, a workplace pension and we have a positive approach to flexible working.
Established in 2014, CQC is a world leading independent quantum computing software company. CQC designs solutions that benefit from quantum computing even in its earliest forms and allows the most effective access to these solutions for the widest variety of corporate and government users.
CQC combines expertise in the product areas of quantum software, specifically a quantum compiler t|ket™, enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption.
The successful applicant will join one of the most exciting companies in the world with the potential to dominate innovation across all aspects of economy and society.
Please note that employment at CQC is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eu.lever.co.