Website Cambridge Quantum Computing
Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC), is dedicated to developing and deploying advanced scientific research to lead us into the quantum age. CQC’s mission is to develop the world’s best quantum-based products and to make meaningful impacts on humanity.
As part of our mission to expand our world class team and our pioneering work in the quantum industry Cambridge Quantum Computing’s Machine Learning (ML) team is searching for a Data Engineer.
In this role you will help to streamline the data preparation for the training and the deployment of ML models for real-time financial forecasting. You would be developing and maintaining a bespoke data acquisition and processing pipeline that serves both the ML development and the live production system, as well as working on the data preparation stage for crafting new ML trading strategies.
The successful candidate will join the London Victoria office and will be working in a highly dynamic, development-focused group, alongside software engineers and machine learning scientists.
- Integrate new data sources in live and back testing systems.
- Maintain and replenish the central repository of tick data.
- Maintain and verify both back testing and live Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) pipelines.
- Preparing datasets according to the scientists’ specs to train ML models.
- Maintain custom scientific data processing software, ensuring scalability and best practices.
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or associated quantitative discipline (Math, Physics, Computational Statistics, Machine Learning) / or demonstrable work experience.
- Python 3, proficient.
- C++, knowledgeable.
- Linux OS and its scripting methods, knowledgeable.
- Development and deployment of ETL pipelines and ML algorithms in training and production environments, experienced in a commercial or research environment.
- Unit and integration testing, knowledgeable.
- Continuous Integration and AGILE development, familiar.
- Modern ETL systems, e.g. Apache Kafka/Confluent, familiar.
- Financial data of considerable size (Terabyte sized), familiar
- SQL (PostgreSQL or MySQL), knowledgeable.
- Developing, deploying and maintaining microservices and APIs using Flask or NodeJS, knowledgeable.
- Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure and its data processing and ML stacks, familiar.
What is in it for you?
We offer an amazing opportunity to join a world leading quantum computing company. You will be working alongside a highly talented team, with world leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, which includes 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, a workplace pension and we have a positive approach to flexible working.
Established in 2014, CQC is a world leading independent quantum computing software company. CQC designs solutions that benefit from quantum computing even in its earliest forms and allows the most effective access to these solutions for the widest variety of corporate and government users.
CQC combines expertise in the product areas of quantum software, specifically a quantum compiler t|ket™, enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption.
The successful applicant will join one of the most exciting companies in the world with the potential to dominate innovation across all aspects of economy and society.
Please note that employment at CQC is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eu.lever.co.