Website Cambridge Quantum Computing
Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC), is dedicated to developing and deploying advanced scientific research to lead us into the quantum age. CQC’s mission is to develop the world’s best quantum-based products and to make meaningful impacts on humanity.
Location: Teddington and/or central London (Currently home working within UK – flexible working available)
Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) is dedicated to advanced scientific research and currently employs in excess of 100 people and over 70 scientists. With research teams focused on quantum software, quantum chemistry, quantum natural language processing, quantum machine learning and quantum cryptography, our objective is to develop the best products to lead us into the quantum age.
CQC has developed a range of technologies and recently launched the first self-testing quantum random number generator based on quantum correlations. This is currently implemented on quantum computers and also, in the future, on a single-purpose device. Deployment of this technology in the cryptography space is paving the way for new levels of information security.
About the role
As a researcher in theoretical cryptography you will work in our quantum cryptography team, which combines expertise in different fields such as quantum information and cryptography, mathematics and experimental physics in order to develop quantum-based solutions to problems in cryptography (see  for a sample of our work). Our team also works closely with the optics and engineering teams for the real-world implementation and deployment of our products.
In this role you will bring your expertise in computer science and/or classical cryptography to find solutions to the different problems faced both by classical cryptography in a post-quantum world but also the ones faced by quantum cryptography. One such example is randomness extractors , which are both essential in quantum cryptography and also need to be made quantum-proof . To thrive in this role you will be self-driven and given the freedom to learn, but you will also give direction and explore your own solutions to all these challenges.
In summary, you will:
- Research and design new cryptography applications with a quantum advantage, together with their security proofs.
- Find innovative solutions to the problems faced by classical cryptography in a quantum world and to the challenges faced in quantum cryptography.
- Develop and implement mathematical schemes and algorithms, e.g. randomness extractors, digital signatures and other cryptographic primitives.
- Theoretical background in computer science and/or cryptography.
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Familiarity with quantum cryptography, quantum-based and/or post-quantum.
- Good programming skills (E.g. Python, C/C++ and/or other).
- Capacity and desire to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Job experience in research, either as a postdoc or with a company, is beneficial but not essential.
- Track record of publications in relevant fields.
- Ability to mentor and coach colleagues.
What is in it for you?
We offer an amazing opportunity to join a world leading quantum computing company. You will be working alongside a highly talented team, with world leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, which includes 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, a workplace pension and we have a positive approach to flexible working.
Established in 2014, CQC is a world leading independent quantum computing software company. CQC designs solutions that benefit from quantum computing even in its earliest forms and allows the most effective access to these solutions for the widest variety of corporate and government users.
CQC combines expertise in the product areas of quantum software, specifically a quantum compiler t|ket™, enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption.
The successful applicant will join one of the most exciting companies in the world with the potential to dominate innovation across all aspects of economy and society.
Please note that employment at CQC is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eu.lever.co.