We are seeking an experienced backend software engineer to help us build and deploy development tools to support the emerging field of quantum computing. You should have both a deep technical knowledge of backend architecture development and a passion for pushing at the boundaries of technology. You will be working with our scientific and engineering teams to build the backend for web interfaces to our compiler tool that is being developed at Horizon. Your role will encompass both developing an appropriate backend to connect with our frontend web interface and integrating the backend functionality to our compiler code being developed by other team members.
The successful candidate will join a fast-growing team that will influence the software architecture for Horizon Quantum Computing at an early stage for the company, and will lay the foundation to support future products.
- Design and develop the overall backend architecture that integrates both with our web application and compiler code developed by science and engineering teams
- Deploy API and CLI that connects to our compiler tools via the cloud
- Maintain and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering and scientific teams
- Maintain code integrity and organisation
- Understanding and maintaining data security
- At least 5 years of software development experience of backend architecture, programming and database integration
- Strong knowledge of modern software architecture, API, CLI
- Fluent in Python, Go, and MATLAB programming languages and familiar with React and Node.js.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (Git, SVN), agile methodology, and industry standard development tools
- Experience with deploying web technologies via cloud services
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Excellent problem solving, coding, testing, and debugging skills
- Strong track record of shipping products, features and functionality on time, at extremely high quality
- Ability to quickly learn and ramp up on new technologies
- Passion for learning and driven to succeed
To apply for this job please visit horizonquantum.applytojob.com.