Nu Quantum is currently hiring for a number of roles. To find out more and apply, please visit our application portal at https://apply.workable.com/nu-quantum/
Nu Quantum has created a new way of achieving single-photon detection using a proprietary semiconductor structure. You will be part of the research team developing the first and second generation of Nu Quantum single-photon detector products. You will be involved in the design, test, and optimisation of the single-photon detectors, as well as the design, implementation, and use of the single-photon measurement and characterisation suite.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Ph.D. involving the study of semiconductor and/or photonic devices, or 3+ years experience in a related industry.
- Desirable skills:
- Experience with the design and test of (optically-addressed) semiconductor structures for quantum, photonic or optoelectronic applications.
- Associated experimental skills and understanding of optical, electrical, transport, and related characterisation measurements.
- Experience with use of laboratory instruments such as high-rate oscilloscopes, arbitrary waveform generators, source-measure units, power-meters, multimeters, pulsed lasers, RF generators etc.
- Programming skills (python preferred) for instrumentation and data analysis.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- A proactive, positive, and creative mindset.
- 25 days annual leave + UK Bank Holidays
- Free and confidential Health & Wellbeing support
- Cycle Scheme
- Corporate membership scheme with Cambridge University Botanic Gardens
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme provided by SMART pensions
- Flexible working from home options
- Complimentary fruit and drinks (when in the office)
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Onsite parking available
Diversity and Inclusion
We strive to create a diverse environment and to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to national origin, age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or religious background.
What we do at Nu Quantum
Illuminating the quantum revolution.
At Nu Quantum we make quantum devices which can emit and detect single-photons. Our devices underpin those quantum systems which make single photons carry quantum information or interact in sophisticated ways, to arrive at a new era of communications, simulation, computing, sensing and metrology. By combining novel materials and semiconductor technology, the Nu Quantum components achieve new capabilities and ground-breaking enhanced performance.
History of Nu Quantum
Nu Quantum was founded in late 2018 to commercialise cutting-edge research spun out of the Cavendish Laboratory at the University of Cambridge. The company is backed by a syndicate of world-class investors led by Amadeus Capital Partners, and has been awarded several multi-million government projects. Nu Quantum is now growing a world-class multi-disciplinary team in Cambridge, and plan to launch their first quantum product in 2021.
Working at Nu Quantum
We’re a fast-paced and rapidly-growing start up, with a friendly, supportive and ambitious approach. We have a strong culture of trust and respect and can offer lots of varied opportunities and responsibilities for our teams to take ownership of and grow with, We value creativity, integrity, ambition, meaningful teamwork, and fun. We are looking for people with drive and passion. You will be collaborating with a growth minded, diverse team.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.