At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we are building quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries : from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We are developing a cloud based quantum computer service – Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to help our customers improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 20 people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, and software. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and build a technology with practical applications in mind.
As a Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer at OQC, you will be responsible for development and maintenance of our cloud-based infrastructure over which we provide quantum computing services to our customers and partners.
- Developing and maintaining scalable cloud-infrastructure solutions to enable remote access to OQC’s quantum computers.
- Ensuring OQC can provide a robust, reliable and secure service to its partners and customers.
- Implementation of a fast development and delivery pipeline using your knowledge of DevOps best practices.
- Evolving processes within the software team, with a focus on enabling fast paced, robust delivery.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or another STEM field.
- 4+ years of experience working in software development.
- Demonstrated experience deploying secure cloud-based services and implementing cloud security best practices
- Experience working with
- Kubernetes and Helm for deployment
- Docker for containerisation
- Messaging systems such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Database solutions such as PostgreSQL
- Web application development with Python and Flask
- Cloud based environments such as Azure/AWS
- Strong DevOps knowledge, including CI/CD and microservice architectures
- Proven track record of building and deploying quality code in Python
- Familiarity with Networking, routing and firewall management
- Familiarity with Server management
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code
- Practical experience with code security review
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Shinfield / Reading, UK. There will be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
Attractive remuneration based on experience.
Send us a cover letter and an annotated version of this role description, highlighting your strengths and weaknesses, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without an annotated version of this role description will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At OQC we are not just hoping you’ll fit in our culture. We aspire to thrive, as a company and as people, thanks to your diversity of thought and background. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing our team members with a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is treated with respect. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, talent and merit and all our colleagues share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to diversity. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or if you think we can do better with our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org