Realize the true potential of quantum technology
If you build or use quantum hardware, Q-CTRL provides the critical enabling software and professional services to help you achieve maximum performance. We empower our customers to realise the true potential of quantum tech, combining modern product design and engineering with state-of-the-art quantum control engineering techniques. Our ambition is to be the trusted provider of quantum control solutions across all applications of quantum tech.
We’re a venture-capital backed company with Tier-1 investors including Sequoia Capital, DCVC, Sierra Ventures, and InQTel. Q-CTRL operates offices in the US and Australia, but is currently supporting remote work within these jurisdictions due to COVID19.
About the role
Supported by the largest team of quantum control and machine learning experts in the world – already assembled at Q-CTRL – you will help address the toughest hardware challenges facing superconducting quantum computers.
You will develop high-performance characterization and optimization techniques for superconducting devices, informed by your experience operating real devices. You will get to deploy solutions on real hardware to test and verify their effectiveness, and work with customers to integrate into their systems.
This is your chance to solve the difficult problems you wish someone had solved when you ran experiments – poor gate fidelities, drifts, miscalibrations, instabilities, crosstalk, slow and manual tuneup procedures.
What you’ll do:
- Deploy and test quantum control solutions on superconducting qubit hardware.
- Develop novel methods to characterize the performance of quantum controls, and also identify noise and errors sources.
- Develop new methods for improving the accuracy and precision of measurements made with superconducting devices.
- Deploy the latest techniques from machine learning and quantum control on this problem
- Develop control solutions for superconducting qubits and deploy them in the Q-CTRL product suite – through research, demonstrations, software development, testing, performance benchmarking, and documentation
- Develop publicly available and high quality software using Python
- Collaborate with your colleagues in the Quantum Control Engineering and Software Engineering teams
- Consult with the Lead Quantum Control Engineer, stakeholders and the broader team on decisions for all new products and features
- Communicate your results through publications and documentation to both the team and the wider quantum computing community.
- Interact with customers as needed to deliver solutions which help them achieve their goals
We would love to hear from you if…
- You have a PhD in Physics, Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- You have experimental experience with superconducting qubits.
- Knowledge should include tune-up, calibration, device characterization, measurement, and/or quantum algorithm execution.
- You have experience developing software and controlling experiments with Python (not essential, but highly desirable)
At Q-CTRL, you can make a difference from day one – you won’t be just a cog in the machine. You will work in a fascinating industry where you get to be a part of the 21st century’s most disruptive technology transformation.
You’ll get to live the startup life without the startup wages: we offer competitive salaries and potential equity options. We also embrace flexible work hours – worry about your global impact, not a rigid work schedule. We are looking for people as excited as we are about building the quantum future. Join us!
To be considered, all applicants must have full work rights in the work location they have applied for. To recruitment agencies, we do not accept unsolicited branded profiles and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit q-ctrl.com.