We enable secure encryption for the modern age
Qrypt is a post quantum cryptography company building quantum-secure software and hardware in partnership with world class national laboratories and academic institutions. The foundation of Qrypt technology is published by our experts in peer-reviewed scientific journals and supported by a growing portfolio of international patents. These provably quantum assets produce our Everlasting Security protocol for enduring data security in the quantum age.
Our team is mission-driven and solely focused on solutions to global cybersecurity challenges. We care most about securing the intellectual property of our nation and corporations while also protecting the privacy of individuals. We are founding members of the national Quantum Economic Development Consortium and the Mid-Atlantic Quantum Alliance. Qrypt participates in global standards bodies for communications security, financial transactions, and critical infrastructure. The worldwide cyber community is undergoing a once-in-a-generation transition to quantum-safe technologies with Qrypt leading the way.
Qrypt is seeking a VP of Engineering to be responsible for all product development at Qrypt. The team of 25 consists of software, hardware, cloud, systems and quality assurance engineers.
This role is based in New York, NY or remote.
- Manage, develop, and grow the existing organization
- Work with the executive team to deliver products aligned with the corporate vision
- Successful delivery of Qrypt product offerings including cloud services, software and hardware
- Lead and drive a world-class technical team with offices in New York and MarylandExpertise with modern development practices; hands-on experience delivering cloud solutions
- Continuously drive efficiency and coordinate sprints across multiple teams
- Provide feedback, training, performance reviews and inspiration for the engineering team
- Grow a highly motivated and fast-paced culture focused on deliver and execution while open to change and maintaining high level of intellectual curiosity
- Computer Science/Engineering Degree (ideally a Masters or PhD)
- Hunger and passion to build a highly successful company
- Experience working with products that are high growth, hyper scale and mission critical
- Experience working at startups maturing into larger organizations
- Strong professional network that can be leveraged for hiring and technology partnerships
- You are comfortable working in an environment built around security and privacy
- You want to be part of a team creating products that impact the world for the better
- You care about quality, and you value effective communication and collaboration as the way to make better products
- You are commercially minded – building technology for product market fit over technical experience
- You are an excellent leader and communicator – resilient but with high EQ
- You are not a micromanager, moreover highly capable of delegation
- You understand efficiency and success is not only about solving technical problems
- You like being responsible for delivering smart, reliable, maintainable systems that secure our customers’ data and privacy
- You’re interested in working with leading technologies in the quantum information sciences: quantum random number generation, post-quantum cryptography, secure messaging, and privacy preservation techniques
Benefits & Perks
Paid Time Off
Medical and dental plan participation
Strong 401K matching program
Qrypt is an early stage technology startup building the next generation of cryptography to protect from the threat of quantum computers and those machines and mathematics yet to be invented. Our passion is to help organizations and people keep their data private – forever. We securely build, design, and deploy safe systems that provide Everlasting Security (TM) and defend our users’ privacy. Together, we will transform the way the world safeguards data and communications!
To apply for this job please visit www.qrypt.com.