Director of Research in Quantum Computing Software
Chief Executive Officer
Manage research activities related to the creation of quantum computing software products for clients in North America, Europe and Asia.
For ideal candidates, equity participation in the business at a favorable valuation will be considered.
Paris, France or other agreed-upon location within our international ecosystem including New York, London, Singapore, Tokyo or other location TBD.
- We are looking for talent to lead our research and development team in creating prototypes and algorithms for the finance industry (banks, insurance companies, asset managers, etc.) in the areas of trend detection, portfolio management, pricing/risk management and other near-term applications.
- With support from your team of research scientists, develop quantum computer prototypes and algorithms for use by financial service firms for both near-term and long-term quantum computers.
- Oversight of both fundamental research and applied research projects for the business with the goal of advancing the field of quantum computing for finance and developing ground-breaking research.
- Identify future topics requiring further research.
- Work will include some sales and marketing-related activities in order to identify collaborators, attract investors and to promote our business to potential clients.
- Ph.D. Researcher in Quantum Computer Science or Visiting Scholar
- Management experience with particular experience with recent PhD’s and PhD candidates.
- Critical experience would include working in a lead research lab position with concentration in quantum computing software applications.
- Interest in applying quantum algorithms to solve real-world problems.
- Specialty in Finance strongly preferred.
- History of published academic work in quantum science.
- Experience with quantum computing hardware, simulators or annealers is preferred.
- Previous experience with a quantum startup is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in programming quantum computers (e.g. IBM Qiskit).
- Professional proficiency in English.
Sponsorship of visas/work permits for non-EU candidates will be considered.
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION, PLEASE RESPOND TO CONTACT@QUANTFI.COM AND ATTACH A CV AND COVER LETTER. THANKS.
To apply for this job please visit www.quantfi.com.