Toshiba America Inc
Technical Marketing Manager
Toshiba’s vision is to secure the world’s communications from advances in computing and mathematics. At a time when technological progress has created an almost constant state of data proliferation, the need for the secure transmission of sensitive information has never been more significant. It is essential to protect and future-proof data communication now through the advancement of reliable and ultra-secure quantum cryptography solutions.
Toshiba is determined to become one of the world’s leading cyber-physical-system technology companies through strategies that include pioneering development of quantum cryptography solutions. Toshiba’s Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) offering brings the fundamental laws of Quantum Physics to network communications and computing. Based on decades of academic and scientific research, Toshiba’s industry leading approach to information technology provides organizations with the ability to revolutionize their IT infrastructure with the most secure communications known today.
Learn more here: https://www.toshiba.co.jp/qkd/en/index.htm
We are looking for an experienced and driven Technical Marketing Manager to help establish a foundation for our QKD technology service in the United States. This is a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge quantum cryptography technology and a diverse set of commercial clients.
The Technical Marketing Manager will take a lead role in helping customers deploy Toshiba’s QKD technology service, as well as lead proof-of-concept trials and assist with local marketing initiatives. This is a dynamic, hybrid role that combines elements of customer technical support, technical marketing, and product planning.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in quantum cryptography and a strong background in quantum computing, software, telecommunications networking, and security.
Location is flexible. While TAI maintains offices in Irvine, California and New York City, remote-based applicants will also be considered.
· Customer Technical Support: Support sales and marketing team with customer demonstrations and presentations. Provide technical assistance, support, and solutions to customers deploying Toshiba’s QKD technology system. Arrange and coordinate remote and/or onsite maintenance support for customers. Improve customer understanding of system applications. Respond to customer and partner inquiries.
· Marketing Support & Communications: Develop technology roadmaps, application notes, use-case analysis, white papers, and presentations to customers and vertical industries. Support the planning and execution of public relations events and media releases. Promote company products and solutions at conferences and tradeshows. Assist in building market and brand awareness. Develop and maintain demonstrators of our secure communication products and solutions.
• Product Planning & Marketing Intelligence: Research and analyze technical application trends and market opportunities. Plan and align Toshiba’s QKD service to market opportunities and customer requirements. Research and benchmark industry competitors. Participate with global team members on projects that impact the North American market.
· Ability to communicate and present highly technical information to customers and partners.
· Ability to communicate and collaborate with members from R&D, product planning and manufacturing organizations located in Japan and Europe.
· Knowledge of quantum cryptography and/or quantum safe communications.
· Extensive knowledge of fiber optic communication and/or security systems.
· Customer-facing experience supporting highly technical products.
· Individual initiative and comfort with working independently.
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science or physics; Master’s preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to ryan.white@TOSHIBA.COM